2.23.2009

Turning 23 on the 23rd!

All in all, it was a pretty good Golden Birthday today.

Unfortunately we had to postpone the big Birthday Taco Celebration with my Aunt, Cousin+Wife and 2 little boys because my mom got sick and had a fever. I had been planning and looking forward to this for over a week. Boo. Mom and I spent a large chunk of yesterday grocery shopping and preparing. But we didn't want my cousin's sons to get sick. Fortunately we were still able to have tacos tonight, just with much less celebrating.

Yesterday I also had 2 friends from work over and we ate home made guacamole. And I made a diet coke cake with strawberries and coolwhip icing. And we watched the Oscars. Pretty fun.

Today I was able to sleep in, and then had to go into work to guard the sign in table for the Equity Principle Auditions for The Theatre. It wasn't so bad, although it kinda blew since I was supposed to get 2 days off. Oh well, that's life. I mostly just sat there and read/did crosswords while sending people in the room.

Like I said, my dad DID make the tacos. And they were AMAZING. Plus he went to Chipotle and got some guacamole for me :). I have the best dad ever. He also got me a Garmin GPS system ("This was all my idea. I got this specially because you got the job in Illinois this summer, and I want you to be able to get around.") and an up-convert to hi-def DVD player. Of course, when asked what I wanted for my birthday, all I asked for was The Office DVD Board Game and the DVD of Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist (which my parents also got me). Call me materialistic, but a girl is allowed to get a LITTLE excited about (big!) surprise birthday presents, right?

After tacos and awesome gifts some of my "not real" friends came over to watch a movie (The Wackness, which was pretty good) and eat cake. OMG was it the best cake ever. Mom and I got it from Fresh Market yesterday. Chocolate Chambord Cake. Holy Crap.

So we have to postpone the family time, which is a major bummer. But really? I can't complain. It was a pretty stellar birthday.

3 comments:

Beyond Last Call: said...

Trite, but it is the only thing to say: Happy Birthday! and hope everyone that has been getting sick gets better (Ellen Lovejoy). See you on the flipside.

theedeeter said...

pssshhhh to triteness. thanks :)

Angela said...

Wow, I've been meaning to comment on this post forever...

Happy (extremely belated) birthday!