RIP awesome awesome awesome DVD player :(
Today marks the death of my 4th DVD player since August 2004. I. Kid. You. Not.
It's not like I do anything stupid to them, other than watch movies ALL the time. After the last one, my dad said I was ridiculous and then said no more DVD players for you. Then we ended up getting this one, well, the now dead one, at Costco. Cuz it was different. It was one of those portable DVD players. And it played videos and what not from and IPod, and pictures from a camera memory card. AND it hooks up to the TV to be used as a DVD player. Awesome right? Exactly. And now the DVD part won't work anymore and I am really upset. It just spins and the screen says loading and thats that. The other DVD players I wasn't so broken up over, but this one is amazing, and so useful and practical and I'm just really angry cuz it cost a fair amount of money. Maybe I'm feeling like I'm wasting good things and feeling guilty. Yeah, I think that's it. But movies are a HUGE part of my life. I have like 225 or something DVDs.
I went to Target today and got one of those lens cleaning things to try and fix it. No such luck. My dad said he would look in the Sunday adds tomorrow for cheap DVD players. But while at Target with doobs we found one for $40. So I called dad and he said just get it. Cuz $40 is pretty cheap for a name brand DVD player. So I did. I'm holding out on taking it out and setting it up in case the old one miraculously works again. But I'm still really upset about this. Stupid Deeter. Stupid DVD player. Stupid Deeter.
Also, I do realize how materialistic this makes me sound.
3.29.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I don't think that sounds materialistic at all! For a movie addict, that's pretty important. It's like when I freaked out about my computer screwing up--- I NEED my computer!!
Thank you. I'm glad someone understands :)
Post a Comment