I had 3 moments today.
The third (and least important) was when I was in the elevator headed back up to my room after a day full of tech at the Civic and it smelled like sweaty beer. Gross.
The second was at the Civic tonight. Greta and I were writing cues after rehearsal was over. More like working on cue notes and what not. I was sitting at the board fixing some programming, and she was leaning back in a seat in the house and announced that there was a bat in the theatre. Which, apparently, is a sign of good luck for a show. The Civic is in a converted Masonic Temple building, so its creepy. But the best part of this moment was that I felt like I was in an episode of the Office. You know which one I mean. The one with the bat. I'm pretty sure I reacted like a cross between Angela/Pam/Kelly. It was classy. I was scared shitless, not gonna lie. It was my first REAL experience with something like that, and I am NOT a nature person...
The first, and obviously better, moment was as I was walking from my car to Le Mans tonight. Every once in a while I have a moment like this. I get into this weird content state when I just KNOW I've made the right choice of what to do with my life. And tonight, it couldn't have come at a better time. This whole job search thing is taking a toll on me, and making me question things I have been so certain of for so long. I needed this moment.
What caused said moment, you might ask? A long day of tech, which included lots of cue writing and lighting work. And being given responsibility. The lighting designer left me, her assistant, with stuff to do while she had an appointment. And I did it. And when we both came back after dinner, she said it was done well. The cue writing thing was big too. I haven't done much SMing recently, and I miss it (despite it's cons). And I'm not SMing Schoolhouse Rock Live! per se, but there is no SM so I have to lay all the cues out in a book, and keep the spot light op on her mark. So that is a nice SM fix until the opera hits. Call me crazy, but I love it. This is one of the few things that makes me feel like I'm doing purposeful work.
Also, I may or may not have worn out my DVD player. Usually I say may or may not and I mean that I did something I shouldn't or didn't do something that I should. In this case, I'm not quite sure. I'll be sure to keep you posted. But it really pisses me off, cuz I haven't had this one a year yet. Yeah, I use it a LOT, but it's a NICE one. Portable. Plays iPod videos and off of a memory card. Yeah. Pissed. Any advice for getting a DVD player to work again?
3.29.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
When I did Dracula in high school, a bat flew into our theatre during the dress rehearsal. Creepy and awesome at the same time.
wow. i dont think it gets creepier than that.
Post a Comment