9.07.2008

work shop work

Work is chugging along. In the next few days (after my Monday off, of course), I'll be going into my first professional/real world Tech Week. Of course Tech Week at The Theatre is a little bit longer than an actual week. It officially starts on Thursday, I'd say, with opening on the following Friday. BUT there are Tech Week aspects to Tuesday and Wednesday, plus we have previews starting the Tuesday before we open. So it's really Tech Week and a Half.

Anyways, I'm mostly INCREDIBLY excited for this, but also still nervous. Saturday and Sunday of next week will be 10 out of 12 hour days (we (and Equity) call them 10/12s), but for the stage management team, they'll be more like 12/14 or 13/15. Yikes. Starting Wednesday, I'll be bringing like two grocery bags of food a day to work...lunch, dinner, snack, and enough diet coke to last the day.

Today after work I did some prepartive shopping for the upcoming weeks of performances, as well as future performances. I've always had to wear all black for shows, but until now it's been pretty lenient--we ould wear a black tshirt that had something on it if it was inside out; we could wear black yoga or gym pants; and, depending on the show, we could wear short sleeves and capris. Now I need long sleeves, pants to my ankles, and real slack type pants with pockets and belt loops. Yoga pants can't exactly support the weight of wearing a comm-box on your hip.

So I went to Old Navy today and got two pair of black pants and two long sleeve black tshirts. For the last forever, I've been kind of in between two sizes, but I usually had to wear the bigger size. These two pair of pants? Both the smaller of these two, and the fit great, with a small amount of room :). Then, at Target, I got two more black long sleeve tshirts and some black socks. I have a pair of black tennis shoes, but they aren't very comfortable or sturdy, BUT, the tennis shoes I've worn for the last 6 years (don't worry, I've had more than one pair of them) (seen above) come in all black (seen below), AND I found them online for $10 less than I usually pay for them. So, of course, I ordered them. Lastly, I went through my drawers and closet, emptied out one drawer, and put all of my black tops and what not in there. This will be my Techie Drawer from now on. And for all the short sleeve tops and tank tops I have a black zip up, a black sweater, and a black sweatshirt to wear over them. This should all be good for 3 weeks of 10 performances a week of Sherlock, plus future shows. For Christmas Carol, we have 12 performances a week for the 2 weeks before Christmas, plus at LEAST 2 or 3 10 show weeks before that.

No comments: