8.28.2008

one thing to buy does not a good trip make

So, like I've said, new job going really well and I love it. BUT, having cramps so bad you think you're (literally) having a cow (bad image, I know) does not a fun day make.

Ok, it was still a fun, good day at work...but it was lacking in its all around pleasant-ness.

I have a pondering, as well. Let me pose a hypothetical. You need some binder tabs. So on your way home from work you decide to swing by target to just pick some up. You call your house to see if your mom wants to tag a long or needs anything. No and yes-sinus headache medicine. When you arrive at Target, do you go straight to the 2 aisles from which you need one thing each? Or after you grab those two things, do you meander around a bit, not knowing what to do with yourself, and feeling worthless and useless if you only buy those two things?

Yeah...that happened to me last night. But the thing is, it's always nearly impossible for me to go to Target and just get the one thing I need. Inevitably, I buy at other things. Yes, this points to why I have verylittlemoney, I realize this. But also, maybe my (and your?) subconscious is at play as well. Maybe I wouldn't have decided to go to Target in the first place if I didn't already know what else I was gonna get...too deep? Too much BS? Yeah, I figured. That means bed time.

No comments: