7.09.2008

it costs HOW much??

Getting your purse and keys stolen is expensive:

-Dad changed the locks on the house (although it needed to be done for other reasons).

-I went to the DMV to get a new license. When asked if my weight or height had changed, I decided to be honest (mostly) and let them know my weight had gone up. The weight on there was from when I was 15 and I fibbed a little then. Although, what respectable woman doesn't take a few pounds off? Well I learned towards the end of the experience at the DMV that had I not been honest, the replacement license would have been free, but because I changed my weight, I had to pay $10. I call them on bullshit on that one.

-Dad finally called our storage unit to find out how to get into our unit, since the key was on my keys. It costs $25 and we have to buy a new lock. That's not a lot, but still, it's something.

-My mom had been harping me to see how much it cost to change the locks on my car since they have my car keys and my address. I called today. $500. And while that's cheaper than replacing a stolen car, that's a LOT of money.

Welcome to the adult world, Deeter.

In other news, I will be signing up for NetFlix in the next few days. If you have any input on which plan I should get, I'd love to hear it!

No comments: