4.17.2008

Science of Progress

So we all know I'm a blog fiend. Or maybe we don't. Well I heard through the grapevine about Google Reader. And now it runs my life. I found all sorts of blogs to subscribe to in addition to the ones of people I actually know. Yankees blogs both from actual news sites and 2 Yankees bloggers (both for different newspapers), The Office blogs, the Post Secret feed (ok, I've been a huge Post Secret fan for a long time. Religiously), celebrity and pop culture blogs, Broadway and theatre ones, and other random ones.

Like I said, it has become an insane addiction. I LOVE reading all sorts of shit. Not that all of it is shit, of course. Well, I've been reading these for a while. And I'm so proud of myself, I've found one that I actually don't like. I know, big deal. But actually it is. When it comes to newspapers, magazines, and what not, I generally don't have opinions about them or react to them (yes, I'm aware that this is not good), unless they are actually offensive about something, completely 100% the opposite of my opinion, or are saying something bad about something I love (for example: bad mouthing The Office or Diet Coke). I just, generally, like to read things from various sources to entertain myself, waste time, inform me, whatever. But rarely do I not like something because of the spin or angle a particular writer, columnist, paper, etc takes. There are some sports columnists for the Star in Indy that my dad HATES cuz they're flip floppers, or trash talk Notre Dame or other teams my dad likes just to get attention. I've never experienced this. However, this one blog that I have found that I don't like does just that. It reports the same things that some of the other blogs and sites to which I subscribe, but it puts an extreme and extremely negative twist on EVERYTHING, and it's SO frustrating.

Anyways, I'm aware that lazy reading like I do isn't generally good or is totally irresponsible, so that's why I'm proud of this. Sure, it's not like a major website or anything of great importance, but it says something about my progression as a person...right?

I apologize for my seeming stupidity and laziness. Thankfully (as my dad says) I'm not as much of either as I sound.

No comments: