3.13.2008

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

I've come back to my room every night this week with the intention of checking my email, putting in a dvd and crashing by 830. Cuz I'm exhausted...cuz I've been staying up til 3 every night for the last week+. Guess what? It hasn't happened yet. Balls. Of course, having to schedule the costume fittings for the opera hasn't helped in this plight...

Here are the movies I've watched instead (in no particular order): Harry Potter and the ORder of the Phoenix, the birdcage, the many adventures of winnie the pooh, must love dogs, 2 yoga dvds, the three musketeers, 101 dalmations. and i think there are 1 or 2 more...

For my Intercultural Studies class, I have been assigned a community partner (minority) who I have to meet with at least twice before the end of the semester and write a paper about it. I was really excited about this to begin with, but my phone conversations with my partner this week made me nervous (deeter, nervous to talk to someone???WHAT?!?). Plus, all I could think about after today (which included a less than stellar day at work and being semi-insulted by katie in vouce and movement) was getting to bed.

BOY WAS I WRONG. My community partner is FANTASTIC. She is a GORGEOUS Indian Muslim woman, and is just the nicest and most amazing person I have ever met. Seriously. She is so full of hope, and love for the world and people, and kindness that it blows your mind. Seriously. She has done so many things and is so gifted and experienced and is only 27. Plus she was so totally, genuinely fascinated by my theatre work, which was awesome. And she really supports my dream of wanting to work with productions to help make a difference in peoples lives and help promote social change or get out social messages. For our next meeting she is going to take me to a Mosque service (I'm not sure what you cal it. I know, I'm terrible) and then we'll go out to eat afterwards and talk about it. I can't even begin to list the amazing amount of things we talked about tonight. All sorts of topics. It was incredible.

Man.

hopefully i get to paint the caboose some more tomorrow.

No comments: