3.16.2008

But you are here with me...

I was completely useless today, and I am entirely ok with that. I slept until a little after noon. Went and got brunch, took a book. Whatever to those of you who make fun of people who read in the dining hall (hell, maybe I'm guilty of that...), it was great. Then I came back, messed around online a little. I decided to keep reading, so I got back in bed, turned on some Office with commentary, and read, and fell asleep. Slept through dinner, got up and went to work on a group project-getting out of my jammies (yes I'm 22 and still say jammies, not pjs or pajamas) at 7:30pm. Wow. Again, GLORIOUS.

I also printed some resumes and cover letters and put them in envelopes with addresses and all. I bought 10 envelopes and ruined 5 of them by writing something wrong in the address. Always something small. But enough to make me have to rewrite. Maybe I'll get some labels so I don't waste the envelopes...

So, if anyone has a job in an arts organization that they want to give me, I'll answer phones, whatever I'm not picky, let me know. Or, you know, tips and advice would be nice too. Damn, this is stressful.

Also, the other important thing is that today is the day my grandma died 2 years ago, while I was in Rome. Actually we were in Ferrara on our Norther Italy Trip (which was a load of shit). It was devastating. I think about her almost everyday. My dad though, says he thanks her everyday for dying the day BEFORE Saint Patrick's Day so that St. Paddy's wasn't eternally ruined for him. Oh well. I miss you Grandma.

In one of his live recordings (Dave and Tim Live at Radio City), Dave Matthews explains that he wrote this song about his grandfather who faught in a war in Africa. While she didn't fight in any war, I think this is perfect.

Oh. Dave Matthews.

The world is blowing up
The world is caving in
The world has lost her way again
But you are here with me
But you are here with me
Makes it ok

I hear you still talk to me
As if you're sitting in that dusty chair
Makes the hours easier to bear
I know despite the years alone
I'll always listen to you sing your sweet song
And if it's all the same to you

I love you oh so well
Like a kid loves candy and fresh snow
I love you oh so well
Enough to fill up heaven overflow and fill hell
Love you oh so well

And it's cold and darkness falls
It's as if you're in the next room so alive
I could swear I hear you singing to me

I love you oh so well
Like a kid loves candy and fresh snow
I love you oh so well
Enough to fill up heaven overflow and fill hell

The world is blowing up
The world is caving in
The world has lost her way again
But you are here with me
But you are here with me
Makes it ok

Oh girl you're singing to me still
I love you oh so well
Like a kid loves candy and fresh snow
I love you oh so well
Enough to fill up heaven overflow and fill hell
Love you oh so well

Cecilia Pearl Deeter. 3.16.2006.

1 comment:

Renee said...

I used to always read in the dining hall. It was my Me-Time.

And yes, northern Italy trip? Waste of time.