2.17.2008

You should have an M&M...

Hey, what's everyone's favorite holiday candy? I'm currently eating a bag of Hershey's Hugs. Also, CADBURY EGGS are the epitome of holiday candy. When I studied abroad, I had my parents send me some every time the sent me something. They sent me like 12 in on box. Sick, I know. Plus, for our spring break that was over Easter, my roommates Lauren and Cate went to England and were in the city where they are made and brought me some back. Obviously those were the best Cadbury Eggs I've ever had.

Also, my dad is the one who got me hooked. He'd bring me one every once in a while. Then, one day in like middle school, someone at school gave me one of those boxes of 4, and I ate 3 of them that day. My dad had to work late that night, or had a hearing or something, so I left the last one on the counter with a note telling him I saved it for him. He told me it was ok, and I could have it, but thanks. For some reason, I felt really bad about that. IDK why of course.

The weirdest things made me feel bad as a kid. It was like I had this HUGE empathy or sympathy gland in my body. Whenever I saw someone eating alone at a restaurant, or an old person, or something, I'd feel terribly sad for them. I alway talked to my mom about it cuz I just felt so miserable for them and couldn't stop thinking about it. The best way I could describe it to her was to say that "my heart hurt". Weird. I know.

No comments: