2.12.2008

Nothing could get agirl transferred

Wooooooo!!! My reader count has reached over 100. Whoa. Man, am I popular.

Here is further proof that Paris Hilton really is worthless. I told ya so.
Also, how...unfortunate...

So, my big news? I'm going home Friday to meet with people at the big professional theatre in Indianapolis. I;ve been told by about 108 people that it's near impossible to get a job with them or get them to talk to you. I emailed them with the reference of someone, and was replied to the next morning. The general asked me to call to set up a time to meet with her, and that she would be sure to bring the production manager in (the one who hires stage managers). She did say they don't start hiring til April, but that she'd love to talk to me now, and asked when I was available Friday. WHOA. She also asked if I was only interested in Stage Management, and I explained taht I just want to get my foot in the door, that eventually I hope to stage manage professionally, that I worked at IO this summer and did a lot of marketing and box office work, as well as helped the executive director with research and organization. And dropped his name. He had instructed me to do so whenever possible. Then I told her that any job would be fantastic. She said "yeah, i know how that feels."

So, I'm going home Friday to meet with them. Wish me luck!!! I'm scared shitless. I mean, nothing could come from our meeting, or they could consider me and not hire me. I'm not gonna get my hopes up or anything. But I'm also not going to be negative and what not. They have a great stage management/production assistant "internship" program that would be fanTAStic.

*sigh*

No comments: