2.10.2008

I'm watching the Grammy's right now, and will be posting my thread of commentary.

The Beatles were nicely honored. A sweet performance from Love, their Cirque de Soliel show, and Across the Universe.

Cher (in a weird dress) introduced the Beyonce/Tina Turner performance. I really really loved Beyonce's introduction of Tina. She acknowledged a bunch of classic and fantastic female singers. Her dance she did with it was...interesting, but the whole idea was great. Their performance together was good. And despite the fact that Beyonce looked like she was wearing a swimsuit from 1950, she was gorgeous (Tina being gorgeous goes without saying) big thighs and all. (although it bothers me when people talk about Beyonce being a bigger woman. shes not actually that big. She's bigger than most of hollywood, etc, but shes no where near plus sized.)

Thus far, Amy Winehouse has won a couple. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole "her not allowed in the US" thing. I think shes kinda a nut case for all the drugs she does-and good for her for going to rehab. But her music is great. I lovelovelove it.

Aretha was fantastic. and Looked great. Now Feist is performing.

The guy who won the best rap/hip-hop music award (wasn't paying attention to his name) called out the people who played the 'wrap it up' music. He shouldn't have taken so damned long. He said "I'd like to thank my momma for all her prayers. that woulda been a good time to shut the music off." and then kept talking. Who was more rude?

Stevie WOnder's introduction of Alicia keys was great. His impression--even better. ANd SPOT ON. and her performance was great too.

Ok, Favorite thing thus far. The performance of Rhapsody In Blue. Hands.Down.

You can DEFINITLEY tell that Amy Winehouse is in rehab or going thru withdrawl or whatever. She seemed completely drunk (like shitfaced) for her performance and award acceptance. Granted, ive never seen her do anything live.

Josh Groban, will you marry me? That was beautiful.

Ok. theres my thoughts on the Grammys tonight. Well, on what I watched. I had it on the whole time, but I didn;t pay attention the whole time.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Umm... how did I miss a Josh Groban performance? Damn me and my obsession with Food Network nighttime!

theedeeter said...

You missed it?!?! It was towards the end. He played piano and sang. Some other guy sang too, but who cares who taht was.

theedeeter said...

so im an idiot and didn't realzie that it was andrea bocelli singing with him. classy, deeter. i guess tahts what i get for not paying complete attention. here it is on youtube. http://youtube.com/watch?v=DPxOuUL98cc