So, before I post on anythng that;s happened in my life in the week or so since my last post, i feel like i need to post SOMETHING on Heath Ledger's death.
Sad. Really Sad. Cuz not only was he incredibly good looking, but I found him to be quite talented as well. Damn.
But what's most interesting about this whole thing is, I'm pretty sure at least, that this is the first death of this type that our generation has had to deal with. Until now, we've heard our parents and older relatives and friends talk about Elvis or Marylin Monroe or John Lennon or someone dying and how sad and shocking it was. I always thought "big deal, its sad, and unfortunate cuz no one should die young, but you didn't KNOW the person and you can still watch/listen to their old stuff." Now, I understand what they meant. It really IS a terrible thing. You think a lot about their work that will never come, about their family that is left behind, and other things too. It's a really different feeling--mourning someone who you never met and were certain never to meet.
1.23.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I was just thinking about that, Deeter, how this is the first of many generational icons that we'll see pass away. Maybe it'll get easier after this?
Post a Comment