1.10.2008

It's just not that simple

First: Song Of The Day: "Nothing from Nothing" by Billy Preston.

That does have a purpose. Here's where that came from:

I'm in Milwaukee right now for the annual American College Theatre Festival (ACTF). It's a good time. We see lots of shows brought by other schools in our region, we go to some workshops, some of us even compete. THis morning was the first of the other school's productions. I saw a play called "Good Worker". It was FAN TAS TIC. It was an original work by a student from DePaul. It dealt with issues of Race, Colorblindness, Sexuality, Ignorance, and the Nword. Fantastic again I say. Anyways, they ended it with the previously stated song.

Tonight we are seeing a school's production of "Thouroughly Modern Millie". I'm excited. Although, sometimes the shows the committee picks to come aren't very good. But I've seen the movie version--of course it's hard to even COMPARE to HRH Julie Andrews.

I had a good dinner last night with my professors and another student. California Pizza Kitchen. Both Professors and both Bosses. Whoa. Cool. GREAT conversation. Tonight there will be more good dining with them I'm sure.

Tomorrow I have to give my presentation for my part of the "competition." I am "competing" my stage management stuff from Earnest. I say "competing" because, for one, I don't really intend to win or anything, I mean, really? For two, because I'm not doing it for the idea of possibly winning. I'm doing it for the feedback and to get myself out there. Mostly the feedback. Although I'm fairly to extremely nervous. I've done the design competition in the past. I was nervous. But it was a different nervous. I was nervous to have to present in front of people. But this, it's not an artistic project or my presenting skills on the line. This is my future on the line. I want to stage manage professionally, and I'm scared these people are gonna tell me I'm terrible and that I have no future in this. Plus, how do you do a presentation of your stage management materials??? I mean, for Christ's Sake, I did paper work and organized shit. I don't have artistic themes or choices to explain. AHHH!

Dinner time. Like Hammer Time, only Yummier.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Thanks for stopping by! I really like blogger, much better than LJ. Glad ACTF is awesome this year and good luck with "competing" :-)