I just finished watching The Jane Austen Book Club, and I loved it. Say what you will if you think it's sappy or hokey, but I thought it was great. Of course, I'm sure no credit at all goes to the fact that I've been a reading nut lately (don't believe me? check out my progress!) and just finished two of the best books I've ever read. Anyways, the fact that these women identified so strongly with the characters and stories in Austen's books, as well as the fact that they were so invested in the stories, is something that hit home with me. That's one of the reasons I love to read. Identifying with and living vicariously through and wishing you were a part of it all. Hits the head of my nail dead on.
Not to mention the way they did their end credits was great. It sorta looked like a really finessed Power Point (in a good way, I mean), and was broken down by category (cast, electrics, sound, editing, direction, production, scenic, etc) and then had photos on each corresponding "slide". And the coolest part about these "slides" (if you will) was that they were all behind the scenes kind of photos...like you could see the crew and the rigging for lights and all that jazz. IMHO, that's way better than screen shots and stills.
3.09.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Agreed about the behind-the-scenes shots during credits - I remember seeing "Mo' Better Blues" do it and wishing that more movies did the same.
Post a Comment