I've learned a lot about myself in the last week or so. Equal parts of the responsibility for this go to 1) the book I just finished (Eat, Pray, Love) and 2) the Summer Job Hunt.
One of the things I learned? Stepping back and letting things soak in is NOT a skill set that I in any way possess. Be the things good or bad, I tend to react with a sense of immediacy, no matter how unnecessary.
Something else I've learned? I will never, EVER be able to figure out why certain nine year old girls are so obscenely rude and hateful. Never. I have to accept this fact and continue working to make the impact of said rude/hatefulness on others as small as possible.
I watched Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist today after work. LOVED IT. Go and watch it.
In other news, did I mention I joined Twitter? Yes, I did. But I need to reiterate that I LOVE it.
Also, I think I'm going to keep a running log of the books I read. For some reason, this seems like a fun idea.
2.12.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ironically, the soundtrack for "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" is only 6 tracks long.
That's cool you enjoyed it, but personally, I think Michael Cera's whole schtick is getting old. He seriously plays the same character in every fucking movie - shit's only funny for so long.
I totally agree that Michael Cera is the SAME CHARACTER in all of his movies, but for some reason I find him to be really endearing so I don't mind. I have this sneaking suspicion that the make the characters to BE like him...and it sorta works (at least in my opinion). But yes, agreed. Same old schtick.
As for the soundtrack...I looked it up on iTunes yesterday, and they have a version with like 18 songs (for like $11) that's actually pretty good.
I was joking about the soundtrack. To your credit, though, it's hard to tell via text.
Yeah, I'm sure they do write the character with Cera in mind. If the role called for anything other than to act squirrely and nervous, he wouldn't know what the fuck to do with it. And I didn't mind it at first, it was initially entertaining - but with each new film that comes out, it's just becoming more and more clear that's ALL he can do.
Speaking of Twitter, and speaking of keeping a running log of books read, check this out:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/jacketcopy/2009/01/how-to-read-462.html
Good GAWD I wish I could do that. The amount of books on my to-read list never gets shorter no matter how many I read. Though if I could read as fast as Sarah Weinman, my to-read list would be even longer because I'd know that I'd be able to fit in SO much more.
Anyway, I think a running log of books read is a great idea. It gives a sense of accomplishment and helps you remember what you've ingested.
I've been keeping track since 2007:
http://www.listal.com/list/bibliomania-2007
http://www.listal.com/list/bibliomania-2008
Holy Crap, that's insane. Although I think I would burn out after like book 200. I'll let you know :).
That list website is pretty cool! I started one. http://www.listal.com/list/deets-2009-books . I do think that keeping track will be fun.
Post a Comment