1.04.2009

ooooh a life without The Carol...

Christmas Carol has officially been over for exactly a week now. Man o man.

The Holidays came and went without any major hiccups as well. Had a good, relaxing and low key Christmas at home with the rents. A friend from work who just moved here from Virginia by way of growing up in San Diego came over for Christmas Dinner.

Even though my dad asked me what I wanted for Christmas (like he does every year), there wasn't actually a lot that I wanted. And nothing really that big. I did ask for a pair of nice, comfy boots. And months and months ago I emailed my dad a link to a Yankees fleece jacket that I saw online, and he's pretty much the best Santa ever and surprised me by ordering it for Christmas.

The big hit, however, was a The Office page a day calendar. A new office quote for each day of the year. Heavenly.

Anyways. The holidays aren't really about presents. I got to spend time with my family and loved ones, which was awesome. Unfortunately there was too little of that because The Carol schedule only gave us Christmas Day off.

Rehearsals for To Kill A Mockingbird started this week. They are going really well. And the kids (who I am in charge of again, but in a much, much, MUCH less stressful and involved way) are pretty great. The girl who is playing Scout is an absolute doll.

No comments: