I realize that I've gone from a 5+ posts a week, to like 1 every 2 weeks. I know this doesn't affect a lot of people, cuz I know of only (literally) 4 people who read this blog. And no, I'm not saying that in a self pitying, please read my shit way. Just in a realistic way. It doesn't bother me at all.
It's just that I kinda miss coming home from whatever I'm doing and typing up stupid, mundane thoughts or tidbits. But by the time I get home from rehearsal, tech, shows, whatever, I'm so unbelievably tired and spent that I pass out to Gilmore Girls or a book. I can't tell you how many times in the lat 2 weeks I've thought "I wish I could share that with someone." And writing it here was my way of "sharing", however weird that sounds. So hopefully I'll begin to get more of a stamina for this whole ordeal and get back on the horse. Plus, I had been planning since like December to do NaBloPoMo, but by the time this month rolled around, I knew it'd be near impossible, and I'm totally bummed.
Well here's my interesting tidbit for the day. I love it when I benefit from my mom's crazy ideas, and today I benefited quite nicely. Chalk this up to the "materialistic" side of me (and judge me if you want), but who wouldn't appreciate this. My mom told me yesterday that she'd been 'considering' getting rid of our 3 big (as in twice the size of a microwave) TVs. 2 of which are ours (one is like 12 years old, the other is probably 10), and 1 we got when my Grandma moved from her apartment to the nursing home. The 12 year old TV was serving as my TV in my room for my nightly movie/whatever TV show I am currently watching on DVD.
Now, when my mom says 'considering', it either means she's been thinking about it for a long time, or she just thought of it and is throwing it out there. The other part of what she was considering was replacing 2 of them (the third is never used, and just sits in our basement) with flat screen TVs. This idea was excellent to me, seeing as one of the replacable ones was mine.
Long story short, I benefited because today we went to CostCo, and we got a 22" flat screen, HD TV (something I could NEVER, EVER afford on my own). Of course, the only one of these 3 TVs that gets used is the one in my room, so of course it only makes sense that it should be the first one to be replaced. And it was.
My mom's logic?? Getting rid of these TVs will create a TON more space (which is true) and make rooms more easily accessible. So during my mom's flip flopping today, my dad was able to convince her that getting the first one would give them the incentive to actually call the guy who hauls away junk (and sells it, so we get some $$ from it), to come and get the TVs and other stuff, as opposed to just talking about doing it. Obviously, daddy was on my side.
Long story short, I got a fancy new TV today. :)
(and don't worry, I'm INCREDIBLY grateful and appreciative)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment