The show opened Friday to a stellar audience. They were laughing at things we didn't know were funny. They cried. And they gave us a standing ovation. Of course, in the booth, I was gonna stand for the amazing cast no matter what, but it was even better that the whole house agreed.
The South Bend Tribune came on Friday night and wrote a STELLAR review. AND...They had some nice things to say about my set. My first time in the newspaper (as, you know, stage managers don't generally get written about) and I get two paragraphs! There are photos of the show on the site as well. This is the first one, and if you click next, you'll get to see nine of them.
A good time was had by all at various bars and restaurants post rehearsals and shows this week. That's always good. And I got to know some incredible people while working on this show. While I am so absolutely excited to be home (and to be going to New York on THURSDAY!!!), I really, really miss the cast and crew of this show. I don't usually experience this. I think it must be because of how well they treated me (especially after the bad stuff went down). I'm sure part of it has to do with my may or may not having a super crush on a cast member. Shhh...don't tell.
My parents came up for the show last night. We went to the LaSalle Grill for dinner (my dad said right before graduation that he'd always wanted to try the Tippecanoe Place and the LaSalle Grill. We did Tippecanoe after graduation, and we got LaSalle in last night-good work, Deeters.
I gave them a tour of the theatre, and of my set, and then sat in the audience with them and watched like a real audience member. Of course, I did some saving of the light board op and some trouble shooting for some cast members etc, but I wouldn't have it any other way. And I sewed on the button at intermission. Not a button...THE button. My parents absolutely loved the show, and the set of course-but they have to love that. My mom cried like a baby. It was stellar. And of course I jumped out of my seat to standing ovate them last night as well (I'm aware that's not a word, but who cares, I like it). The boyfriend of the director and the sound board op (director's nephew) joined me, and soon after the rest of the house did too. I couldn't have been more proud of a group of people (exception: my comp).
After the show I introduced my parents around to the cast and crew etc, and everyone loved each other. Dana, the director, had us do some cast/crew pictures on the set and required my to be in the front of the pictures. Yikes. We took some crazy shots too--and in case you didn't know (and can't tell by the picture) the show was not only called Intimate Apparel, but was about it too ;).
Now I'm home, trying to make my room habitable. All of my stuff, save what I had with me the last 2 weeks, is in storage. I have to go get my clothes, toiletries, and shoes tomorrow, so that I can be all packed for THE New York Trip by Wednesday afternoon. Yikes!!!

2 comments:
The set is gorgeous, and so is my friend Cassie! (We went to high school together.) Great job!
Thank you!!!! And Cassie was GREAT!
Post a Comment