6.27.2008

boiled brownies

So tonight I really wanted something warm, chocolatey, and yummy. I remembered seeing a box of brownie mix in the cupboard, so I decided to make them. For those of you who don't know, I'm allergic to eggs and milk (ok, well the appropriate term is intolerant of, but that always requires lots of explanation), so I don't generally eat things with eggs or milk in them, obviously. Not worth it.

Anyways, baked goods are something that I still eat, even tho some things (cookies and cakes mostly) have eggs and milk in them. I do avoid the custard-y or creamy ones though. For some reason, because when I found out that I was allergic I didn't actually cut cake and cookies out of my diet (I'm guessing), they don't tend to give me problems-maybe it's the baked-ness or something...

Well I decided to make these brownies, and I thought I'd make them without the 2 large eggs to see what happened.

Don't ever try this.

I opened the oven after the timer went off and my brownies were boiling. Literally.

Of course, after I took them out and let them cool, my mom and I still picked at the mushed up mess (which wasn't the WORST stuff we'd ever eaten...). Classy, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha that totally happened to me today. I flipped when I saw them , called my friend, and yelled "THE BROWNIES ARE BOILING! BROWNIES SHOULD NOT BOIL!"
I ended up pouring off the weird oily substance and eating them anyway.