5.17.2008

Today was graduation. I made a deal with God back on the day of our Hooding Ceremony. I said: I don't care if it rains, is cold, cloudy, snows, ice-rains, whatever every day until graduation, but I would really appreciate a beautiful day for graduation, and I won't be picky-I just want to graduate outside.

Well, after a week of stalking weather.com, today came and went and I could not have asked for better weather. It was a perfect day. Seriously. My parents came up Friday afternoon. My mom and I did the tour of the tower of Le Mans. We had Baccalaureate. We took some amazing pictures in a tulip garden and on the bridge here. We went to the really great graduation dinner party in the SMC Student Center. I hung out and watched The Office last night. My Aunt Kathy and cousin Matt came up from home for graduation today. I took them on a tour of the scene shop, Little Theatre, and O'Laughlin. I graduated with the most gorgeous weather possible. We mingled, went to Fiddler's, and ate a full dinner at the Tippicanoe Place, and then hung out with some of my mom and dad's college friends who have a son graduating from ND.

Sounds perfect, right?

Ok, so there was ONE glitch....a little blip on the radar.

I woke up this morning and all of a sudden, out of the blue, threw up while trying to get ready. 15 minutes before my family was to arrive. And I'm phobic (I kid you not, I'm dead serious about this) of throwing up. Ok, no biggie right? Yeah, well it turned out that pretty much all of the blood vessels in my face burst from the pressure of it all. I have tiny red dots EVERYWHERE. Especially my eye lids, around my eyes, and my chin. I look like a leper. I've experienced this once before, but it was only on my eyelids. This time it was all over. So I put on a crap ton of makeup, something I almost never do, and all was fine. You could barely tell it had happened. Witness the transformation:

3 comments:

Renee said...

I threw up this morning, too! WTF?! I had really flu-like symptoms right up until the procession. Then I was fine, except for my current headache.
Nerves, I guess...

CONGRATS!

Angela said...

Congratulations on graduating!

theedeeter said...

double whammy on the graduation pukes. weird!!!

thanks for the congrats, girls :)