So my dearest dearest Perkins and I got emotional tonight. It was our last opening night at SMC. Also our last show working together, and her last show ever. (of course, unless I open a theatre, cuz if so, I will call her, and she will drop everything she's doing and be my td :) ) Anyways. I got a little emotional, I'm not gonna lie. I mean, it's not AS bad since its the opera and not a main stage, and my last main stage kind of snuck by me (thankfully).
In honor of my last opening night at SMC, I will share an interesting tidbit/scary story from this week. Not SCARY scary, like ironic/weird/coincidental scary:
So the second electric in O'Laughlin is 2 pipes chained together so that it holds all the weight. So that means 2 people have to pull it in. Michaela and I went to bring in the second electric together a couple of days ago, and something weird happened. And I am not exaggerating this. Literally every single motion we made to bring in the fly was EXACTLY THE SAME. EXACTLY. We pulled up the lock the same, we flipped down the lever the same, we pulled the ropes the same AND at the same speed, we flipped the lever up the same, and we put the safety ring on the same. THE EXACT SAME. After we put on the safety ring, we looked at each other with huge eyes, border line freaking out at how weird the whole thing was. Seriously, it was weeiirrd. I guess it means we work together a lot? Or that she's taught me a lot? Or something. Anyways, that was a weird experience. Have you ever had something like that happen? When you go through a sequence of something with someone and apparently you do it all the same???

No comments:
Post a Comment