3.11.2008

In Your Face Sucker!!

This post will consist of 3 things. And they are all of equal awesomeness, so don't skip any! Also there will be pictorial narration to go along with them all.

Thing 1: Giraffes are truly an underappreciated animal. They are so cute, and while I wouldn't venture to call them cuddly, oh to hell with it, I think they are cuddly. I would love to have my own baby giraffe. I think I'd name him (or her, I'm not giraffe sexist) Piggy. Actually, that's what I'm naming my next dog.

For one reason or another, I love giraffes. I have this story from when I was a kid. I was like 8 or something, and I was in the upstairs bathroom with my mom, sitting on the side of the tub watching her tweeze her eyebrows or something, and it was Christmas. Here is the conversation:

8 year old deet: oh no, mommy! I forgot to send Santa my Christmas list; he's not going to know what I want! (cuz 8 year olds use semi-colons).
tweezing mom: it's ok, honey. I think Santa knows, and it will be ok.
8 year old deet: but mom, i really really really want a stuffed giraffe for Christmas and I'm not sure Santa knows! What should I do?!? (even at a young age I was trouble shooting like a proper stage manager).
Tweezing mom: carole, dear, (cuz she says things like that-still does), It'll be alright. Santa's really smart, so don't worry.

And guess who DIDN'T get a stuffed giraffe for Christmas that year? Or ever? That's right. And the little 8 yaer old inside me is still upset.

I told this story over CHristmas this year and then again while shopping with my mom (no, no tweezing involved) over spring break. I told her I wasn't sure why I love them, and she informed me that my baby room had giraffes all over the yellow wall paper. Whoa.

Thing 2: THIS IS AWESOME. FOR ALL YOU STRUGGLING ARTISTS OR WHATEVER OUT THERE, READ THIS. i LOVE it.

Thing 3: I painted a caboose today. Bright red. A giant one. It was awesome. I think it is the best job I've ever been assigned at both the Civic and in the SMC scene shop. What's it for, you ask? SCHOOL HOUSE ROCK LIVE! the musical. Complete with exclamation mark.

1 comment:

Angela said...

1. Remind me to buy you a stuffed giraffe.
2. That article rocked my socks. I posted it on facebook. Thanks for sharing.
3. CABOOSE! Awesome!