One last post before bed.
There is this stop light near campus here in South Bend that if you EVER want to drive ANYWHERE you have to stop at it. Well, at least I always have. For those of you who know Suck Bend, or who live here, or go to school here, it's the one on 31/933 just north of campus for the Toll Road. ANYTIME I want to drive north of campus (i.e. to Castle Point, etc) or am coming from north of campus I have to stop. NEVER.FAILS. Well, tonight I was driving home from Castle Point after eating ham and watching License to Wed with Ays, I was on track to NOT HAVE TO STOP at said stop light. BUT (there's always a but) I was in the right lane, and in the left lane a few yards in front of me are two cop cars. Two DIFFERENT cop cars. Different styles of cars, and different groups (what do you call that?) of policemen. Then, one gets over into my lane and sloooooows the fuck down. Like to 15mph. And puts on his blinker, and ever so slowly eventually turns into the Perkins. And the other one? As soon as first cop turns into Perkins, he makes a U turn right there to then drive north. Weird, huh? Yeah. So because of the 3+ city blocks I had to drive behind said cop car going no greater than 20mph I had to stop again. Man.
Also (and I've started noticing that almost all of my posts have an "also"...), another little interesting tidbit about me. We all know I'm a movie addict. A movie freak, if you will. Whatever. I'll watch ALMOST ANY movie. With a few exceptions. And one of the things that makes me the most insane and frustrated when watching a movie? Conflicts that arise out of simply not communicating. There are so many movies when the whole thing could just be resolved with some simple back and forth honest talking. So the whole time I'm thinking "Seriously? All you have to say is _______, and get her/him to understand and it'll be FINE!!!" in addition to "Seriously? the weakest type of conflict, and therefore movie, is one based off of miscommunicating or failure to communicate. Seriously, you got paid to write this?" Sorry. It's a pet peeve of mine. And License to Wed was just that. Also, I can't take Mandy Moore seriously, and despite my LOOOVE of John Krasinski and Robin Williams, I refused to see it til now cuz I can't stand her.
Other movies that have the same problem? All the Meet The... movies (Parents, Faulkers, etc). While parts are funny, why can't they just communicate. There are others, but I'm too lazy and tired to list them. Do YOU have any pet peeves about movies or anything?
3.31.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dude, I freakin' LOVE Mandy Moore. Have you seen "Saved!"? Because she's great in it. And her album "Wild Hope" is A-Mazing. Seriously. She's the bomb.
I feel like a Michael Scott via The Office "Agree to Disagree" quote is in order here, but as it is the day after a show opened, I don't have the gusto to find the exact wording (as I am against using a quote if you don't have it right...weird, I know).
For the record, her first CD I liked. I think I was in 6th grade. And, I admit that Saved is a great movie. But in general, her acting makes me nutso. Mi dispiace.
Post a Comment