3.27.2008

Expect Problems, and Eat Them For Breakfast

I've recently discovered some interesting things about me. I realized that they have been around for a while, however I wasn't actually aware of them. Here are some of them:

1. I absolutely HATE having wet ears. Of any type. Water in my ears, on my ears, whatever. So I have added an ear drying to my post shower routine.

2. I don't like to be touched. Although it's hard to classify it like that. I love hugs. I don't mind poking or tapping or tickling other things from people I'm close to in very particular situations. But in general, I HATE to be touched around the middle area of my body. It freaks me out. It makes me tense. It scares me. Whatever. So, someone putting their hand on my stomach while I breathe in Voice and Movement class??? NOT OK. Sorry, that wasn't one of the boundaries I agreed to give up for this class. I also tend to be a little picky about some cuddling. I love to cuddle, but certain placement of hands near my mid section make me nervous. Oddly enough, if I'm cuddling you, a boob graze or whatever isn't a big deal, but unless I'm in control of it, a hand on my stomach is not...weird.

3. I'm clumsy. Oh wait. Already knew that. But stepping on the cord that was the power source to the light board with 75+ freshly programmed light cues this morning made me remember.

4. I have to be covered to sleep. That's why it's so hard for me to sleep when it's hot. And by covered, I mean my upper body near my stomach, shoulders, arms, and neck in particular. I like to hug covers, blankets, teddy bears, whatever close to me.

5. The last addition for the day isn't really an about me. But I recently started watching some late night tv. Like Letterman, Leno, Conan, etc. I've always liked Letterman cuz he's from Indy, and I think Conan is hilarious. But it's a nice mix up for my usual movie while I fall asleep which wreaks havoc on my DVD player (hence my wearing out at least 3 DVD players since I started college(and at home too)).

Last night's late night TV was great because my boyfriend, John Krasinski, was on Leno. Leno is my least fave of the three I listed. He's really hard to understand sometimes because he mumbles or something. Not ONLY was my boyfriend, John Krasinski, on Leno(different link than previous, folks)...but Joe Torre of YANKEES FAME was on too. Couldn't have been more perfect. Ed Helms (Andy on the Office) was on Conan right after Leno, but he was the second guest and I fell asleep like 5 minutes too early :(. Figures. But it was for the best, as I had to wake up about 4 hours earlier than usual today. Balls.

Tech starts today for SCHOOL HOUSE ROCK LIVE! at the Civic. Whoa.

2 comments:

christina said...

I can't sleep without being covered either, especially my neck. I have to have my neck covered up or else I don't know, I guess I won't sleep. I watched this really good indian movie with carol last night, and I guess they don't use blankets in india, because any scene with sleep involvoved no blankets.

in other words, do not move to india!

theedeeter said...

weird. definitely am not moving to india.

oh, a friend of mine has this theory about sheets in movies in bed scenes. they are always L shaped they say. because one side totally covers the whole guy, but the girl is always only partially covered. id consider moving to india if they used l sheets...