1.30.2008

the entire world served....

Today at work in the costume studio:

Me: *continues on talking and talking as I work*
Melissa: I don't want to listen to "the booty song"
Me: I got a new CD!!!!!
Carol: do you have it with you?
Me: YES! *gets CD from bag* everyone's sure i can put this in? *puts in CD*
Melissa: Hey Deet, I'll give you $100 if you don't talk for the next 18 minutes!
Me: 18 Minutes?!? OK!
Melissa: You lost!
Me: No, I can do this. 18 minutes.
Carol: 18 minutes. Starting....NOW
Me: *mouths 'now'*

That's what I did at work today. I went like 22 minutes. It was impressive. In those 22 minutes of silence, I realized that I have to ACTIVELY not talk. Most people can just not talk, but for me, it's an ACTIVE thing. I have to think about it and try. Whereas, talking...is a natural thing, half the time I don't realize I'm doing it. Whoa.

That new CD??? Nicole Atkins. I recently took some people's advice and got Google Reader (LOVE IT) and then subscribed to some feeds, pop culture and celebrities, and one of the articles mentioned her.
"Take a little bit of Norah Jones, a dash of Regina Spektor and a hint of Ronnie Spector"

And although I'm anti-myspace, she has a page that has her album on it and you can listen to it. Check it out.

Lastly. For real. A good friend of mine had this as her away message...and it applies DIRECTLY to me. "
Never allow someone to be your priority, while allowing yourself to be their option."

2 comments:

Angela said...

So did you get the $100?

theedeeter said...

No :( no $100 for deeter. to be fair, technically i lost originally when i spoke right away.