1.14.2008

cue standby

So my "competing" at ACTF went well. I succeeded in not saying "um" 1000 times. I was well spoken (according to Melissa who only says such things if she REALLY means them) and the judges were fairly impressed. So it went well. Good news is that I don't suck at stage management. **PHEW** **Wipes brow** The girl who won the whole stage management competition??? The girl who was right next to me. What to know what her show had??? Te quarterback as well as 2 other starters from the MICHIGAN football team and a horse. YES, you READ RIGHT, a fucking HORSE on the MOTHERFUCKINGSTAGE. WTF???!??!! She was intense. When I arrive to set up my display, all of her crap (which mind you was not finished being put together, at least I came organized and ready to just put up my boards and put down my books) was spread ALL OVER my part of the table. Aren't stage managers supposed to be organized? She also wasn't very nice about moving her stuff so I could set up. Oh well. I'm excited to get the feedback in a few weeks :).

Annaliese came up to me after she presented and said:
So is "stand by horse" kind of like "stand by fly cue balls"?

I guess that needs back story...During Red Herring last year, I had a lot of cues to call, besides light cues, sound cues, and other cues, there were fly cues, which is normal. But there were lots of things to fly: a bed, bar lamps, 2 different signs, and the walls to an apartment. One night, in the middle of the run, I got my tongue tied, and while trying to say "Stand by: fly cue: walls" I thought bed in my head, combined bed and walls, and said "Stand by: fly cue: balls." And it has forever been written down on the SMC theatre quote wall and ingrained into everyone's memories. My mother would be proud.

My first day of classes was uneventful, i had one class. Although it was nice because I thought I'd be the only senior in the Intro to Intercultural studies class (last class for my minor), but there are like 5 other seniors doing the same thing. One of my close friends even. Yay.

Also, I got really sick. Well, not got sick, but continued to be sick so I couldn't attend my first day of my internship. awesome. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

No comments: