12.31.2007

in darkness in gloom

My dad came home from work today and asked me (whilest laying on the couch watching the office and still in jammies) "why dont you hang out with your friends during the day?" my first thought??? I dont have friends. lol. but in all seriousness, all my home friends are gone right now. One in Cinci, one in Iowa, one with family up north somewhere, and one in NYC. so what's a girl to do but watch the office in her pajamas while reading a good book.

But seriously. Being home with not much to do is making me nuts. I start thinking of things, running things through my mind that I shouldn't, and drive myself insane. They are things that are still on my mind at school, but I don't obsess over them because I have other thigns to do that are sometimes more important, or just important enough for me to be doing. I need to find myself a happy medium here. And by medium, I mean be able to have my mind focused like that while I'm at home. Grrr..

Also, the parents are making me NUTS. My mom in particular. It's just one damned question after another damned question. And she never shuts up. We're sitting watching TV--dad watching and reading, mom reading a catalogue or something, and I;m watching and doing stuff on the computer. What does she do? Start reading shit outloud. It's really frustrating. I know, I sound horrible and mean and terrible. But if you had to experience this too, you'd be going nuts as well.

No comments: